Monday, August 26, 2013

Noche de Talentos Gollum Voice

 On Monday we had a lesson with an investigator. He is rocking awesome. I love him to pieces. I am finding more and more family here.  He is 22 and really talented and smart. He has some funny talents. He can beat box with his hands. When I find a good internet area I will send the video. He can also pour liquid sodas 'well hold soda cans without using his fingers. ...it like sticks to his hand and he uses this for work, pours for people like this. Its interesting. I want to know how! Oh the things that are entertaining for missionaries. Hey. It's either that or looking at the television screen to see shakira, shakira. .... =) anyways.,.,.
We taught him lesson 1 and lesson 2 and about the spirit. He was really touched and I felt inspired to ask if he has ever felt the spirit, he shared a really neat experience which I think sparked his understanding of feeling the spirit during the lessons. We invited him to be baptized. He is really excited and I think once we get him to church, he will be set. That's one of our biggest challenges, getting people to church.

We taught  a young man this week. He is 24 and large, he keeps his hair like Juan el bautista and has a large beard. I really do think of John the Baptist when I see him. It's fun to teach them because they know English. It's actually really hard for me to speak English because my mind is in Spanish but they love to speak English. He learned playing video games. He said that he has had doubts in God with all the things going on in his life..his brother with a terminal disease, an alcoholic father... his mom doesn't have doubts. This woman has more faith than a blind man in a knife factory. I just said that. That doesn't even make sense. She is really faithful and I love her prayers. I know she knows God can and wants to help her.  I bore testimony about the power of prayer. I loved it. The lesson was so strong and he prayed. He said he didn't have anything good to thank god for right now, only his mother and he prayed about her. She cried and cried. I cried. I want my children to be that close and in love...so to say with me. I hope we can give their family a change, because they have their share of challenges and I know that the gospel can completely change their lives, their desires and everything in their world.

We had a really awesome activity this week, noche de talentos. put on by the missionaries.  It took almost 3 hours and was freaking awesome! OH MY GOSH. i loved it. We had our two investigators there, the ones with the overly protective parents and I was so happy. They picked them up and looked around the church. I feel that we are getting close to breaking them and gaining their permission. We invited two investigators (18 and 11) to be baptized but they said they can't without their parent's permission. The night was filled with mini plays, skits, songs, dances and everything in between.A video of the 42 things that Mormons say. WHAT PAGE? haha and there was one break where the next act wasn't prepared so I did my gollum voice. Everyone freaked out. Apparently no one can do a gollum impersonation because my companion loves when I do it and shows everyone and they are so freaked out/impressed? What's not to be impressed with (right, dad?) =) The night was great and there were 99 people there! (on Sundays about 70 people attend church) yeaaaahh BOY!
  ... Oh! And i got to teach Sunday school this week. It was fantastic and the more I talk and teach the more people like me. The branch president was like beaming at me and my comp. Life is so good. YAY!

I love you all and think about you lots. I am grateful to be here and serve others so that they can have their eternal families like us. =) My love and prayers.
-Your SISTER, Nokes

No comments:

Post a Comment