Monday, August 19, 2013

Great Trials Greater Blessings

This week went by fast and I think it was one of the hardest for me in my mission. With every good work comes opposition and I've definitely tasted that this week. The good thing is for these things I have more faith. My testimony has been strengthened in prayer, fasting, the scriptures and attributes of Christ. I know that these work in my life.
Monday I received word that my great aunt-whom I worked for and was friends with has been diagnosed with leukemia. She is under a treatment in isolation in the hospital and I prayed hard all week for her.I fasted for  my Aunt. I received many answers to my prayers in the scriptures. I know the Lord is so mindful of me, loves me and is teaching me many things here. I received a lot of comfort for my family in Mosiah 3 and I actually shared this with an investigator. I know things happen for a reason and I am able to teach better with the experiences I have.
I was able to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday and was so happy. I know the people understood me and were really receptive. They laughed and the spirit was there. I know I had so much help. It was great because I think the ward members know me better. Everyone knows my companion but I don't think many know my name, so this was a good opportunity. I hope to stay here to help grow close to this branch and strengthen their testimonies, although, like everything in this life, I know the Lord has a plan for me.
 This week was really hard. We had good goals to have more baptism dates but 2 of our investigators moved. We had goals to find nuevos, but one day we contacted all day and didn't enter one house. I know the Lord is teaching me patience and perseverance. One of our investigators we wanted to invite to baptism went on vacation. the good news is we invited another woman, Leila to be baptized and I believe she will be ready. I felt great and actually initiated the invitation! This woman is very faithful and I love her and want to help change her life. We taught many less active this week and I am very excited for this- little by little we can reconvert them.  I love meeting less actives and helping them resolve doubts and fix issues.

Training- I cant believe I am in week 12. Training is good. I taught a lot more this week and after one lesson, both me and my companion were surprised because we wondered who spoke. I didn't believe it was me. My spanish is good, and I know this is through the spirit. Now its all about learning more and more vocabulary. I think starting with the chilean food =)

No comments:

Post a Comment