Monday, July 29, 2013

Opposition in All Things

SO many good things happened this week.
We eat a lot of churascos. A lot of chicken and rice and a lot of completos. And salad. And soup. Churascos are carne (I never know what that word means but cow i think...its good) with palta avocado and tomato. They are great. Of course, all of these things are drenched in mayonnaise. I am happy I am getting fat. Because this means I don't have a parasite. Ya. And I really am not too fat yet. My favorite thing we ate here was like a Philly cheese steak sandwich roll up.  They have these great Tatar tot things that are mashed potatoes fried. MMM.- today for lunch I ate these huge huge empanadas, which are like calzones, ...but more fattening. Lol! No sauce, only cheese cheese cheese and fried. Talk about heart problems.
Opposition. so good, because the work is so real! I had a cool experience this week. I hope you understand it. But its hard to explain because the spirit doesn't send well over the Internet. We were in a lesson with Sonja, our golden investigator and talked about opposition. Something very strong happened and I was really moved by the spirit. She talked about some heavy things. ...I have never felt that way because we talked about opposition and I felt so dark but after I prayed during the lesson and the spirit was so strong. I knew that Grandpa Nokes and Grandma Seal were in the room with me. IT was insanely crazy overwhelming happy.  We talked very strong and told her the reason why we were here was to baptize her. ...which you don't say to investigators. I said some things that were very strongly worded. Which is crazy because a) I don't speak Spanish and b) I am not a very powerfully moved passionate person. After we left her house it was pitch black on the whole street and I was so scared because of the things we talked about Satan. I prayed. My companion said look up! And the sky was different than I have ever seen. I saw the stars more bright than ever and they screamed, God is there for you. You are okay. There is opposition, but there are also the best things in the world. That night we prayed and my companion and I both received revelation about Sonja. We realized that she uses our lessons to teach her Evangelist followers-as her own prophesies. Hna Neira received her confirmation through Alma 12 and me in my patriarchal blessing. It says people will be here to try to thwart the good work I am involved in and I will realize this and cut off these relationships. Wow. I know that God is there for me, and sadly, we will be no longer teaching Sonja. It's hard because I loved her and I felt so sad. I want the best for these people and it's sad to see her falling into her own condemnation.
We had two baptisms this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment